Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Realm of the Fey Princes

Well, I put together these areas (not for the contest), as the idea had been running around my head for a while and I wanted to see what they would turn out like, and it was a break from dialogue writing. They're based on the idea of various fey princes having castles in the treetops, interconnected by walkways. But I don't have a use for them in DA - well, I could shoe-horn them in to let players go slaughter some fairies, but I'll save that sidequest until I'm desperate.






Each area is based on the same basic template, and I've kept things fairly empty so they can be used for different things - e.g. the Crossroads would make a cool bazaar of merchants gathered around the central trunk. Anyway, the whole idea of prefabs is that someone might find them useful - once approved, the areas will be here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To bad you didn't enter them in the contest. They are quite nifty! I love the coloring used. I'm sure they will prove to be very handy with in the community :)

Wyrin said...

Thanks Liso. I'd feel a bit cheap entering them as there's no texturing/landscaping work gone into them given the type of area they are. But I'm *half* working on something else I might put up

Amraphael said...

I like the creative use of the placeables. They will absolutly be popular among other mod makers.

Zach Holbrook said...

Sweet! Very imaginative concept--Something like this would be perfect for the birthday sequel, if that ever happpens.

Jclef said...

Looks like something straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon - I love it!

Wyrin said...

thanks guys
almost got my area for the contest finished - one that I will actually plan to use (albeit in chapter 4... so a while off yet!)