Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back from hols



...and very relaxed (or I was until I snuck a peak at my work inbox...). Mexico and the Yucutan peninsula were great fun, and got to visit some amazing Mayan ruins, as well as cycle, abseil, zip-line, and kayak through the jungle and swim in an underground lake or cenote. I loved the latter, as it got me thinking about dungeons and caves in the D&D setting (especially ropers, given the stalagmites there). Particularly as I'm working on a flooded cave section at the moment.

Results of the Companion poll are in:
  • Contessa (14)
  • Black Death (8)
  • Seich (7)
  • Gork (3)
  • Briars (1)

As there's more focus on Contessa in Chapter 1 (and she's a feisty teifling) it's more or less the order i was expecting at the top. Only one vote for Briars is a little sad - true he's not cut of the heroic cloth and he's very deferrential to the PC. Hoping the backstory plot I'm working on now will flesh him out a little and make him more appealing - it will bring in more confrontation with Gork too if he's in the party. I'm thinking about another companion to add (a paladin/fighter) but worried it will bring too much work at this stage. Could be done if I write out one of the existing companions (Gork) for the full version of the campaign.... will need to think on that.

3 comments:

Ernie Noa said...

Welcome back. The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing!

Lorft said...

My first thought was - Wow, what amazing area screenshots! and where are those ruins in the toolset?

About 30 seconds later I realized I have maybe been modding a bit too much today...

Looks like a fun Holiday though, and maybe NWN3 for those areas hey?

Amraphael said...

Hahaha, I thought also they were som uber cool screenies and I alsmost saved them to disk before realizing the were holiday shots. Nice pictures though so Welcome back, hope everything as you excpected and wanted on the trip.